Butcher Box offers 100% Grass Fed Beef, Free Range Organic Chicken, & Heritage Breed Pork Delivered For FREE To Your Door For Less Than $6.00/Meal on your schedule.
CLICK the link below to sign up for Butcher Box and receive $10 off for 12 months!
5 reasons grass-fed beef is significantly more nutritious than grain-fed
- Grass-fed beef is the only kind of beef that contains conjugated linoleic acid. Grain-fed beef has none. Conjugated linoleic acid is a type of fat that might be very important for preventing weight gain.
- Grass-fed beef has better fat quality. Specifically, it has significantly more anti-inflammatory Omega-3 fats and significantly fewer inflammatory Omega-6 fats. This is something to take with a grain of salt, because the absolute amount of both types of fat is quite low.
- Grass-fed beef has much more vitamin K2. Vitamin K2 is important for heart health and bone health: it helps get calcium into your bones (where it belongs) and not into your arteries (where it causes plaque and heart attacks).
- Grass-fed beef has more antioxidants, especially vitamin E.
* It's important to note that you should be sure that your beef is not only grass-fed, but is also grass-finished.